The Norwegian government procures goods and services valued at nearly NOK 300 billion each year! Regulations regarding public procurement determine how this is managed.
We assist both public contractors and private suppliers who wish to work in the public sector.
When the government wishes to make an acquisition, a detailed knowledge of regulations governing public procurement is essential. Breaches of these regulations may lead to the contractor being liable for compensation and, in some cases, a fine.
We assist at all stages of the procurement process:
- planning of the procurement - definition of requirements
- choice of procurement procedures
- preparation/quality assurance of tender documents
- assistance with questions concerning rejection
- evaluation of bids
- complaint management
- legal processes
Regulations on public procurement afford the supplier certain rights. In order to succeed in a competition, it is essential that the supplier is aware of his legal rights and clear on how to proceed if he believes regulations have been violated or he has been unfairly overlooked.
We offer assistance in:
- training in public procurement regulations
- specific cases
- reviewing tender documents in order to identify conditions that are particularly important for the design of the bid
- reviewing the bid to ensure it contains nothing that may result in the bid being rejected
- reviewing reservations
- in-house courses (basic and advanced) on how to ensure you are well placed in a competition